How To Cancel Tinder Subscription And Get Refund ?
Tinder online dating app has become one of the most popular dating services that runs on the concept of “Match. Chat. Date”. Tinder app is used by 50 million regular users worldwide and has over 20 billion matches. With the premium subscription of Tinder Plus costing $9.99 – $19.99 depending on user’s age, $ 29.99 for Gold (reduced to $ 14.16 monthly on annual subscription). Tinder Plus has premium features like Passport that allows you to change your current location to an altogether new one; just in case you are interested in expanding your social network or planning to meet new people on a trip. Tinder Plus package has other features such as Unlimited Likes, Five Super Likes per day, and more. Tinder Gold has almost the same features as that of Tinder Plus, with exclusive access to the Likes feature. But all this comes at a price; and what if you decide to take a break from Tinder or have found your special someone? It’s time for canceling your Tinder Subscription and Unsubscribe from your Tinder account.
Here’s how you can do it without hassles and avoid further charges.
HOW TO CANCEL TINDER PLUS OR TINDER GOLD SUBSCRIPTION?
The process is fairly simple and is also the same for the cancellation process for all types of Tinder subscriptions. However, the cancellation steps mentioned below will vary based on the platform, so make sure you are following the right steps applicable in your case.
- If you are unsure how you subscribed initially to Tinder then you can look for the confirmation Email from Tinder in your email inbox and find out the receipt. Read below on how your order number will indicate the right way to cancel your Tinder subscription.
- Please be advised that merely deleting the app will not cancel your membership with Tinder, and neither will it put a stop to further payments from being auto-debited from your accounts. Here are the ways in which you can cancel your Tinder Subscription:
|Cancel Tinder with||Yes / No|
|On your phone or other device||Yes|
|Through the App||Yes|
Cancelling Tinder Subscription on An Apple iOS Device
Does your Tinder Order Number start with “MK”?
It means that you have subscribed through Apple’s App Store and you need to cancel your subscription from there.
- Click on Settingsin your iPhone >> Tap on your Name above >> Choose iTunes & App Store
- Tap your Apple ID at the top to sign in to your account
- Then scroll to look for Subscriptions and tap on Tinder >> and then tap Cancel Subscription
If you are facing any difficulties canceling your subscription on Apple, then note that you don’t need to contact Tinder as the subscription is processed by Apple. You need to contact Apple Customer Support instead.
Cancellation Tinder Account On Android Device
Does your Tinder Order Number start with “GPA”?
It means that you have subscribed through the Google Play Store and you need to cancel your subscription from there. There are 2 ways to cancel your subscription from an Android device.
1. Cancel a Tinder subscription on a Google Play Store account?
- Go to play.google.com
- Sign-in to the correct Google Account used for subscribing Tinder
- Then open the Play Store App
- Locate the 3 horizontal grey bars at the top to open the sidebar menu
- On the left panel locate My subscriptions under which you will find the Tinder App
- Select Tinder >> Click Manage >> Cancel Subscription
- You will be asked the reason for cancellation which you can “Decline to Answer” and tap on “Continue.”
2. Cancel a Tinder subscription from Android App
If you signed up for your Tinder Plus or Gold subscription by entering your payment details directly into the app, then follow this process:
- Open the Tinder App >> Tap your profile icon at the top right
- Go to Settings right under your profile picture >> Select Manage Payment Account >> Cancel Subscription
If you are facing any difficulties canceling your subscription on your Android device, then you can contact the Google Play Support for more help.
How to cancel Tinder Subscription when Subscribed Using Direct/Credit Card Option?
Does your Tinder order number start with “TNDR”?
It means that you have subscribed directly through Tinder.com or on an Android system by making a direct credit card payment.
- Open the Tinder app on your Android device
- Tap on the Profile Iconat the top >> Select Manage Payment Account >> Cancel Subscription
How to Cancel Tinder Online Subscription From Tinder.com?
This process is meant for canceling the Tinder Online i.e Tinder for web (the web version).
- Visit Tinder’s official website
- Tap on the Profile Iconat the top >> Select Manage Account >> Either disable Auto-RenewAuto-Renew or select Cancel
Tinder FAQs – Cancellation & Refund
How to Delete Tinder?
Deleting the Tinder app from the phone will Not cancel your subscription and Tinder will continue to charge your card for further payments. You need to follow the proper process mentioned above to cancel your Tinder subscription.
How to Apply for A Refund on Tinder After Canceling Subscription?
No, in general, Tinder doesn’t allow retroactive refund of subscription payments on a prorated basis. This means that the subscription fee for the rest of the billing period cannot be reclaimed. However, after the cancellation of subscription, user can continue to use the account for the remaining 30-day current billing period.
What Do I Need to Request for a Refund From Tinder?
In some special cases, Tinder might make an exception and consider reviewing your refund request when such as request is made within the 14-days time from the date of purchase of your subscription. For more information on Tinder refund, you can go on www.gotinder.com/terms.
For this, you need the Order Number which you can easily find on your confirmation email that has a receipt with the order number in it which looks something like – GPA.1235-5679-9012-34367 or 1233567850123456.1244567860123426. Once send a request with this number, Tinder shall review your refund request and will get back to you.
How to Cancel Tinder Gold?
Do note that the steps for Canceling Tinder Gold are the same as Tinder Plus.
If you are still having a problem canceling your Tinder subscription and Unsubscribe from Tinder then do let us know about the exact problem and we will guide you accordingly. Check out our directory for more pages on how to cancel various other popular subscription services.