Convert Sage 50 To Sage Business Cloud Accounting
In this article, you’ll learn how to migrate from Sage 50 to Sage Business Cloud Accounting.
Although you can easily move to Sage Business cloud accounting from Sage 50, you cannot migrate all of your data. There are certain features that are only available in Sage 50. Data related to these features will not be converted. Many well known and reputed accounting software have cloud edition as well as insist the user to cloud edition . Desktop users of Sage 50 may face the kinds of issues and errors and sometimes bugs can’t be resolved by Sage experts which are related to system compatibility or 3rd party OS and software like Windows Component or Email software. So if you decide to switch to Cloud hosting, you choose not only security of data but also save time and money. Before explaining the process move Sage 50 Accounting to Cloud, it’s advisable to get assistance from Sage 50 Technical Support team about data conversion and migration . On Toll Free toll free number ✆ 1-800-574-6305
Sage 50 To Sage Business Cloud Accounting Migration
The following list of items will be migrated:
- Financial Settings
- Default Accounts
- Business Information
- Contacts of your customers and vendors
- Invoices of your customers and vendors
- Bank account information and outstanding balances
- Chart of accounts
- Opening Balances
- Transactions entered after January 1, 2014
The following list of items will not be migrated:
- Inventory items and services
- Payroll Data
- Personally identifiable information of employees
- Jobs and Project Codes
- Sales and Purchase Orders
- Custom Tax Codes
Check now why Sage 50 Will Not Open After Update install and what the right way to sort out this issue.
Moving Sage 50 Data Into Sage Business Cloud
Prerequisites for Migrating the Data
Before you can begin the migration process, you need to prepare for converting your accounting data. The conversion process is done automatically, but you need to ensure that you have prepared well.
The preparation steps for converting Sage 50 to Sage Business Cloud Accounting are provided below:
- Reconcile your bank accounts: This will ensure that you will be able to create reconciliation statements from the day you migrate your data. This is an optional step but a highly recommended one.
- Print the following reports from Sage 50:
- Customer Aged Report
- Year to Date Income Statement
- Balance Sheet
- Trial Balance
- Vendor Aged Report
- Account Reconciliation Report
- Pick the Beginning of a New Financial Period for migrating data: This ensures that your books start off from a new financial period, whether they be the beginning of a new financial quarter or year.
- Provide Read/Write Access to the Sysadmin User account
Check how to fix Sage 50 Update Could Not Be Completed And Needs To Be Run Again warning message in simple steps .
Converting Sage 50 Accounting Data To Sage 50 Business Cloud
Once you’re done with the preparation, you can proceed to convert the accounting data. The migration process is easy, as Sage provides prebuilt templates through which you can convert the accounting data from any software to be imported into Sage Business Cloud Accounting.
The steps for installing the Sage business cloud migration tool are provided below:
- Log into Windows with an admin account
- Download the Sage Business Cloud Migration Tool
- Launch the Setup
- Agree to the License Agreement
- Select Install
- Click on Launch
Once you’ve launched the migration tool, you’ll get all the instructions required to convert your accounting data. The migration tool will first export all of your data in JSON or spreadsheet format. From there, you can import the data easily into your Sage cloud business account.
When Sage 50 Unable To Connect The Database and user will see no reads on their screen, what the recommended method to resolve the problem.
Export Sage 50 Accounting Data
The steps to export your company data in desired format from Sage 50 are provided below:
- Launch the Sage Business Cloud Account Migration tool
- Click on Select Company
- Click on Browse and select your Sage 50 company file. Hit Open
- Click Next
- Enter password for Sysadmin User
- Review the information for your company file
- Click on Next
- Review More information related to your company file. Select the years and type of data you want to migrate
- Click on Next
- First of all, match all of the Taxes that you’ve used in Sage 50 accounting software to the one available in Sage Business Cloud Accounting
- Click on Next
- Review categories that you used in Sage 50 and change accordingly. Hit Next.
- There are multiple control accounts in Sage 50. Match the corresponding Sage 50 account with each account you’ll use in Sage Business Cloud Accounting. Hit Next.
- For each Sage 50 default account, match the correct account which you’d like to use after migration. Hit Next.
- Hit Browse and Select the location where you’d like to store the exported file.
- Hit Next, then Create.
- Once the file is converted, select Close.
Import Sage 50 Data Into Cloud
Now you’ve successfully exported the data from the company file and are ready to import it into Sage Business Cloud Accounting. The steps for the same are provided below:
- Go to Sage Business Cloud Accounting
- Register a new account
- Enter Full Name, Email, and Password for the New Account. Click on Secure Accounts
- Select Use your existing Sage 50 data
- Click on Upload your file
- Select the file you exported using the migration tool
- Click Continue with this Data
- You’ll get a confirmation that the file was uploaded.
It can take up to 24 hours for Sage Business Cloud Accounting to import all of your data. You’ll get a confirmation message on your registered email address, once the process is finished.
Check out the complete process step by step Peachtree To Sage 50 Conversion with export and import all data.
Once you get the confirmation, log into your account and open the migration report. In this report, you’ll find instructions on how to ensure all your accounting data was migrated. To do so, you can create reports and balance sheets in both Sage 50 and Sage Business Cloud Accounting. If the reports match, then all of the data was successfully migrated.
If you encounter any problem with the migration process, feel free to reach out to us at toll free number ✆ 1-800-574-6305 (Toll Free.)