Sage 50 To QBO Conversion Guide
Are you planning to shift from Sage 50 to QuickBooks online? In that case, you’ll have to convert all your accounting data to QB online format. Since Intuit has launched its Dataswitcher service, the task of conversion has become as easy as pie. You simply need to upload the file to the service and it will be converted automatically. The below process are considered as user have latest edition or no more five year old version you need to consult first with experts to dial QuickBooks Phone Number .
Migration From Sage 50 Pro, Premium, Quantum To QBO
Prerequisites – Things to do before starting the conversion process
Before you begin the conversion process, here’s a checklist that we’ve created for you. You should go through this checklist to ensure a good conversion of your Sage 50 company file to QB online version.
- Purge all of the data from the QuickBooks online company file that you’re currently using. To do this follow the steps provided below:
- Sign in to the QuickBooks company file
- Add /purgecompany at the end of the URL and hit Enter
- You’ll get a good summary of all the data that will be purged. Type in Yes and select Ok.
- Backup your Sage 50 company file. Once the conversion process is complete, you will not be able to use the file with Sage 50. So if there is a problem during the conversion process, you’ll be safe.
- Reconcile all accounts, both credit card, and bank, to the most recent statement.
- File all your Sales tax returns before you start the conversion of the company file.
Have you check out Sage 50 2021 Install guide ? if not you can find all details to install latest Sage accounting edition on terminal server .
Converting Sage 50 Company File For QuickBooks Online
Prepare Sage 50 Company File for Conversion
Before starting the conversion process, you need to prepare the Sage 50 company file. To do so, follow the steps provided below:
- Launch Sage 50
- Open the File which you want to convert
- Select Users
- Click on Setup Security
- Click on Data Access/Crystal Reports tab
- Checkmark the option stating ‘With the following login information’
- Select Change
- Set a Password
Find the common causes with solution Sage 50 Won’t Open Data Base issue and problem .
You should note the password as you may need it during the conversion process.
Converting the Sage 50 Company file to QuickBooks Company File
Because of a new service launched by Intuit, it has become easier than ever to convert your Sage 50 file to QuickBooks file. Through this service, you can simply upload the Sage 50 file. The company file will be converted online, after which you can download it and import it into QuickBooks online.
Here are the steps for the same:
- Go to Dataswitcher
- Enter your email address and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Click on Let’s Go
- Select Sage 50 to QuickBooks online conversion
- Read the instructions carefully.
- Enter your contact details like:
- Company Name
- First and Last Name
- You can select from three different plans. All of them are free, but provide different level of conversions. For instance, if you want to convert inventory, then you’ll have to select the Pro version.
- Click on Continue.
- Select any additional option for conversion. You have the following options:
- Update Company Info – CA$10.00
- Inventory – Free
- Extra Years – CA$70.00/yr
- Classes and Locations – CA$55.00
- Click on Confirm
- A checklist will be provided which you must complete before starting the conversion. Here are the items that you’ll have to ascertain:
- Reconcile all accounts
- Complete tax reporting
- Extract all open invoices and credits
- Extract reports
- Click on ‘Browse on Computer’ and select the Sage 50 file you want to convert.
- Enter username and password for the Sage 50 company file.
- Select the Time period of import. It is recommended that you select the start of a financial year for the same.
- Checkmark the option for ‘I have read and understood the conversion limitations.’
- Click on Continue
- You file will be uploaded and converted. The conversion process can take up to 72 hours.
- Once the file is converted, you’ll get a confirmation on your email address with a download link for the same.
Transfer Sage Accounting Data Into QuickBooks Online Version
You can enter your QuickBooks online username and password, and the newly converted file will automatically be loaded into it. Once this is done, you’ll get a confirmation message for the same.
Once your data is converted, you need to perform a post-conversion check. Here are some of the reports you can use to check the validity of the conversion:
- Trial Balance
- Balance Sheet Report
- Profit and Loss Statement
- A/P Aging Summary
- A/R Aging Summary
You can create the report for an entire fiscal year, and match it with the one in Sage 50. If both the reports match, then the conversion was successfully completed. Of course there are some elements that aren’t included in the conversion process. All of these elements have been mentioned below:
- Memorized Transactions
- Sales Orders
- Payroll Records
- Invoice Template and Other Templates
- Non-posting entries
Failed Converting Sage 50 To QuickBooks Online
Apart from these elements, all other data will be converted and saved to a new QuickBooks online file. You can also check the sales tax data and reconcile bank accounts and credit card accounts to find out the validity of the conversion. All of these steps will make sure that you don’t lose any data at all. As for the elements which aren’t converted, you can enter them manually. If you have any issue or getting any error code during conversion connect Sage 50 Support Number immediately and protect data from any corruption.
To know more, or for help with the conversion of Sage 50 file to QuickBooks file, feel free to get in touch with our experts at 📞 1-800-574-6305 (Toll Free.)