Sage 50 To QuickBooks Desktop Conversion
To change your accounting software, you must convert the Sage 50 company database to QuickBooks desktop format. This will enable you to seamlessly integrate all the data from your previous accounting software into the new one. The process to convert Sage 50 company file to QuickBooks desktop file is easy but lengthy. Below, you will find all the steps to accomplish this very goal.
Process Sage 50 To QuickBooks Migration
QuickBooks Conversion Tool
Intuit provides the QuickBooks conversion tool to enable Sage 50 (Peachtree) accounting software users to convert their company file to QuickBooks format. This tool is provided for free and can be downloaded from Intuit’s website.
System Requirements to Run QuickBooks Conversion Tool
You need a decent system to run the conversion tool on your desktop. The system requirements for the save are provided below:
- Processor speed 500MHz or above with Intel Pentium II (Minimum)
- RAM more than 512MB
- Operating System Windows 8 or above
- More than 2.5GB of free hard disk space
- Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 or above
- QuickBooks Pro, Premier, or Enterprise 2018 or higher
- Sage 50 version 2013 or above
Get in touch with QuickBooks Support Phone Number in case getting issue during downloading the conversion tool .
The following items will be converted through the QuickBooks conversion tool:
- Balance of Accounts
- Transactions related to Vendors and Customers
- Lists including accounts, employees, items, customers, and vendors.
- Personally identifiable information of Employees
- Payroll General Ledger
However, you won’t be able to convert the following items:
- Transactions related to Payroll
- Year-to-date info of employee
- Items used to calculate paychecks
- Fixed Assets
- Individual Wages of Employees
- Wage Deduction of individual employees
Note: Sage 50 US version company file will convert to QuickBooks US version company file. After that, you can convert it to another version of QuickBooks.
There are several steps involved in converting the file to the desired format. Luckily, the conversion tool makes it as easy as pie.
Converting Sage 50 Accounting Data To QB
Here are some prerequisites you should follow in order to safely convert the company file to a new format:
- Create a backup of your Sage 50 Company database
- Install QuickBooks and Sage 50 on the same system on which you’ll perform the conversion.
- The company database must be stored on the local hard drive, otherwise, the conversion will result in an error. Consult with experts on Sage 50 Technical Support Number for this issue .
Once you’ve ensured these steps, you need to set up both QuickBooks and Sage 50 for the conversion process. To do this, you’ll have to follow the steps given below:
Setting up Sage 50 for Conversion of Company Database
Make sure that you’ve administrative privileges, otherwise, you won’t be able to change the settings.
Follow the steps provided below to set up Sage 50 for the conversion of the company file:
- Launch Sage 50 and select the file you wish to convert
- Click on Maintain from the main menu
- Click on Users
- Select Setup Security
- Click on Data Access/Crystal Reports tab
- Mark the ‘With the following login information’ option
- Click on Change and set a password.
Convert Sage 50 Company File To QuickBooks Company File
Select a unique password as you’ll require it during the conversion process. Once you’ve done this, close Sage 50.
Now you need to download the QuickBooks conversion tool. To do the same, follow the steps provided below:
- Go to this link and download the QuickBooks conversion tool.
- Launch the executable as an administrator.
- Once the conversion tool launches, select Browse.
- Select the Sage 50 company file you want to convert and click ok.
- Enter the password that you set up in the previous steps for the Sage 50 company file.
- Choose the version of QuickBooks desktop you want to use the file in.
- Enter a new name for the company file.
- Click on Browse and select the location at which you want to store the company file.
- Review your preferences and click on Convert File.
- Once the QuickBooks Application Certificate window appears, select Yes each time.
- Click on Continue
- Once the conversion is finished, you’ll receive a confirmation message.
It can take a lot of time to convert Sage 50 company files to QuickBooks version, especially if the company file is large. You can even review this conversion easily. Lets connect Peachtree Help Phone Number to learn how to reduce file size .
To review the conversion of the company file, follow the steps provided below:
- Launch File Explorer
- Go to the location where the converted company file is saved. If you didn’t set a location, then it would be stored in the My Documents folder.
- Open the ‘Failed Transaction Log’
In this log, you’ll find all the data that wasn’t converted by the conversion tool. You can enter this data manually into the QuickBooks accounting software.
Support For Moving Sage 50 To QuickBooks Pro,Premier , Enterprise
The QuickBooks conversion tool is absolutely free of cost and will transfer most of your data into the new company file. You can also use it to transfer data from other accounting software like Zoho Books and Quicken. To know more or for any help with the conversion of Sage 50 company file to QuickBooks company file, feel free to contact us at 📞 1-855-836-9250 .