QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise To QuickBooks Pro Conversion
Although there’s no direct way to convert QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise to Pro, you can still export data into excel or .CSV format from enterprise and then import it into pro. Moreover Intuit technical support will not assist you if you are looking for help for migration QuickBooks Enterprise To Pro. Although it’s your decision, why you are going to downgrade the QB version, because there are lots of features in QB enterprise also you can add as many as users while on the other side QB Pro has limited features and you can also go for 3 user licenses. Sometimes users decided to switch down to Pro from Enterprise due to some savings in expense because QB Pro is much cheaper than Enterprise . Sometimes business shrinks or limited employees in a company or company closed offices in multiple locations and now works at a single location or doesn’t need many features to manage small business accounting. If you are looking for professional services for Convert QuickBooks Enterprise To Desktop Pro then you can reach QuickBooks Support Number or you call directly toll free number toll free number ✆ +1-866-497-0057 .
Migration, Transfer QuickBooks Enterprise Data To QuickBooks Desktop Pro
Check out Top QuickBooks Export And Import Tools you can use for exporting data from Enterprise Desktop to Import into Pro version.
Process Converting QB Enterprise To Pro Edition
Restore Backup of Company File
One way to move from QuickBooks enterprise to pro is to utilize the backup file that you created by using the Pro version of this software. If this is the case, then you can avoid a lot of manual transfer of data. In fact, all the data that is compatible with the database structure of QuickBooks Pro will be imported.
The backup copy can also come in handy if you accidently damage the company file. This is why we recommend that you create regular backups and store multiple of them as a measure to curtail damage.
Note: You must store the backup file on the local drive, otherwise you’ll get an error while restoring your accounting data.
Find complete process step by step to Convert QuickBooks Accountant To Pro without any issues or errors.
To restore a backup file, follow the steps provided below:
- Log into QuickBooks with an admin account.
- From the File menu, click on Open or Restore Company.
- Click on Restore a backup copy. Hit next.
- Choose Local Backup, and then click on Next.
- Hit Browse, select the backup file located on your local hard drive.
- Click on Open.
- Click on Save when you’re ready to begin restoration of company data.
Using a Canadian version of QB then check out what you can do for Convert QuickBooks Canada To US Version in easy steps.
During the restoring process, the data from the backup file (.qbw) is stored in a new company file (.qbb). Therefore, you must select different file names for the company and backup file if they’re both stored in the same folder. If you don’t do this, your existing company file will be overwritten, and you won’t be able to get the data back.
If you are using version very old edition of the Enterprise then then you have to follow process Convert Quickbooks Company File To New Version first before moving ahead.
Export Data from Enterprise and Import into Pro
To convert QuickBooks enterprise into pro, you can export the data in excel/csv format from one version and import it into the other. This may seem tedious, but if you follow the process correctly, you won’t encounter any errors. The manual task may seem banal, but there isn’t any way around it.
Documents that you can export from Enterprise and import into Pro include, but aren’t limited to:
- Bank Transaction
- Batch Transactions
- General Journal Entries
- Changes made by users and accountants
- Customer, Vendor, and Supplier Lists
- Other lists like – Chart of Accounts, Employees, Items, Sales Tax Codes, etc.
- Other transactions like – Deposits, invoices, supplier bills, estimates, refunds, etc.
Export Data From QuickBooks Enterprise
To export data from QuickBooks Enterprise, follow the steps provided below:
- Go to the Customer/Payroll/ Supplier Centre.
- From the Excel dropdown menu, select:
- Export List – to export data such as name, contact information, and balance for a customer, supplier, or employee.
- Export Transactions – to export particular transactions.
- Click on Create a New Worksheet.
- Click on Export.
To export items, follow the steps provided below:
- From the lists menu, click on item List.
- Go to the excel drop down, and select Export all items.
- Click on Create New Worksheet.
- Click on Export.
To export reports, follow the steps provided below:
- Go to the report.
- From the Excel drop down, click on Create New Worksheet.
- Go through the preferences.
- Click on Export.
You’ll have to repea
t the process for customers, suppliers, employees, lists, and reports. This can be cumbersome, but all it takes is time.
There is no limitation on the number of worksheets you can export through QuickBooks. However, importing the data can be difficult because of a lack of accounting or technical knowledge.
Import Data Into QuickBooks Pro
In this article, we’ve provided the steps for standard import. If you want advanced options, then you can select the same. However, if you need all the data from the excel worksheets, then the standard import is the easiest and most reliable option available.
To import data from excel worksheets into QuickBooks Pro, follow the steps provided below:
- From the File menu, click on Utilities.
- Go to Import, and click on Excel Files.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to import your data successfully:
- Choose the type of data you’re importing.
- QuickBooks will format the data and provide you with an overview. To manually add any data at this point, click on Add My Data Now.
- Review your preferences, then click Close.
You can import data from as many excel worksheets as you want. This is a very tedious process, and can take a lot of your time.
Check All QB Enterprise Data Imported Into QB Pro
Review your Data
In QuickBooks, you can create reports like Balance Sheet, Profit & Loss Statement, etc. to ascertain the accuracy of converted data. If the balances in the reports match, then you’ve successfully converted QuickBooks Enterprise to Pro. However, if there’s a discrepancy, then you must find and correct it to manage your books properly.
A report, like a balance sheet, shows you the financial health of your company. There are many report types available in QuickBooks, and even these can be customized. To create a report, follow the steps provided below:
- From the main menu, click on Reports.
- Select the report you want to run.
- Select the date range.
- Click on Run.
Note : Once you’ve created a report in QuickBooks enterprise, run the same one is QuickBooks pro. If the reports are the same, then all your data was successfully imported. However, any discrepancy in data can be corrected by manually entering data.
You can also memorize reports in QuickBooks. Memorized reports can be pulled and run quickly. These are often reports which users need on a regular basis. Then, you also have the option to customize a report for better analysis.
If you don’t possess the required accounting and technical knowledge, then you can always rely on our data conversion services. Our experts can take your Enterprise company file and convert it into a Pro company file. Further, we always send and receive the company file from our clients over a secured network.