How To Convert QuickBooks For MAC File To Windows
The process to convert QuickBooks company file from Mac to PC is fairly simple. The tools for conversion are provided within the accounting software. Since starting over isn’t a practical option, you can rely on this article for all the required information about the conversion process. Also you can check How To Cancel QuickBooks Trial edition if you just started to check how QB Mac works . Call Toll Free +1-866-497-0057 is looking for professional help .
All Steps QuickBooks MAC To QuickBooks Desktop Migration
QB MAC Company File To QB Windows Conversion Process
Update QuickBooks Mac and Desktop
Before starting the conversion process of QuickBooks company file from Mac to PC, it is better to install the latest updates offered by Intuit for both the version of the accounting software.
Here are the steps to update QuickBooks Mac:
- Click on the QuickBooks dropdown
- Click on Check for QuickBooks Updates.
- If an update is available, click on Install Update.
- Once the installation files for the update are downloaded, click on Install and Relaunch.
If want to switch to QBO version, then check out the complete guide QuickBooks Desktop To QuickBooks Online conversion .
The update will be installed, and QuickBooks will launch automatically. If you encounter any problems while installing the updates from within the software, then you can install the update manually. Manual update files are available for free on Intuit’s website.
What No Need To Convert During QB MAC To QB Windows Conversion
Remove Memos with Special Characters and Long Names
Converting company files which contain memos with special characters and long names can cause errors. This is why we recommend that you delete or rename all such memos. Here are the steps which can assist you with the same:
- From the Reports menu, click on Custom Transaction detail Report.
- Select All Dates from the dates dropdown menu.
- To edit or delete a particular transaction, double click on it.
- Either delete the special characters from the name or delete the transaction.
- Click on Save, and close the transaction.
- After every edit or deletion, re-sort the list.
- From the File menu, click on Utilities.
- Click on Verify Data.
Have you tried to convert QB, CA edition to QB US edition but no succeeded, then find out the correct way to Convert QuickBooks Canada to QuickBooks USA step by step.
Verifying and rebuilding the data will ensure that the transactions are properly recorded. This will facilitate you during the conversion process. If any error is found, the same will be reported.
Converting QuickBooks Mac Company File To Desktop Company File
Now comes the part where we convert the company file. To convert QuickBooks company file from Mac to PC, follow the steps provided below:
- Go to the File
- Click on Export.
- Select To QuickBooks for Windows.
- Enter a Filename. Click on Browse to select the location to store the converted company file.
- Click on Save.
- Enter a password. Reenter the password to confirm.
- Click on Ok.
- When the confirmation window appears, click on Ok.
- Transfer the converted company file to a windows system.
- Restore the company file in QuickBooks Desktop.
Note: Don’t enter any special characters in the name of the converted company file.
Restore QB Desktop From QB MAC Backup
To restore a company file in QuickBooks Desktop, follow the steps provided below:
- Launch QuickBooks desktop.
- Click on File from the main menu.
- Click on Open or Restore Company…
- Select Open a company file.
- Click on Next.
- Click ok Browse, and select the appropriate company file.
- Click on Open, and enter the password (the one set using QuickBooks Mac) for the company file.
Assistance Switching From QuickBooks Mac To PC
The company file will open up in QuickBooks Desktop. After this, we recommend that you create reports like balance sheets and profit and loss statements to assess the accuracy of the converted date. If the final balance in the balance sheet in both QuickBooks Mac and Desktop is the same, then the conversion process was successful. Otherwise, you must try the conversion process again.
To know more, you can get in touch with our experts at QuickBooks Support Phone Number , dial toll free +1-866-497-0057 .