QuickBooks Canada To U.S. Conversion
Different versions of QuickBooks are available for different regions. Since the accounting principles and financial laws of countries differ, the database structure and functionality differs in different versions of QB depending upon the regions. In this article, you’ll learn how to convert QuickBooks Canada to the US version. Moreover QuickBooks Phone Number is always ready to assist you if you are not an IT person and not sure to do conversion successfully. Dial now toll free 📞 +1-855-836-9250 or Chat with live agents for help .
Default Options In QuickBooks For Conversion
QuickBooks does not provide any default feature to convert the company file of one region to another. This can be very frustrating for users who wish to change the region for their company file. Since very few users require such a feature, it isn’t included in the accounting software.
Further, there is very little information of any support available for such a conversion from the parent company of QuickBooks. Therefore, users can either export data from QB US and import it into QB canada or rely on a third party to complete the data conversion process.
Canadian QuickBooks USA QB Data Conversion Service
We are an esteemed accounting data conversion service. Throughout years, we have helped many users in converting their accounting data from one version to another. Not only can we help you with upgrading or downgrading your company file, but we can also help you with changing the region for the company file.
Our QuickBooks Canada to US Data Conversion service works with the following steps:
- The company file of the user is acquired over a secure network.
- Data is exported from the Canada version and imported into the US version by an expert familiar with both accounting and technical knowledge of QuickBooks.
- The US version of the company file is sent to the client over a secure network.
Note: Since the import and export process is too complex and requires both technical and accounting knowledge, we recommend that users don’t convert the data themselves. If you still feel confident, then backup the company file before proceeding with data conversion. You can get some thing new with QuickBooks Payroll 2021 upgrade have you checked out ?
Backup QB Canada Company File For Converting It To QB US Edition
The steps to backup a company file in QuickBooks are provided below:
- Click on File from the main menu.
- Click on Switch to Single-user mode, if you’re in multi-user mode.
- Click on File. Hover the mouse over Back Up
- Click on Create Local Backup.
- A new window will appear. In this new window, click on Local Backup.
- Click on Next.
- From the Local Backup only section, click on Browse. Select the location where you wish to save the backup copy of the QuickBooks company file.
- You can set the number of backups that QuickBooks should keep. This means that previous backups exceeding the limit will be deleted.
- Click on Ok. Click on Save it Now, then Next.
Also IsOpenToday explains all the steps for Sage 50 To QuickBooks Desktop Conversion which also helps you if you are looking for Sage accounting software to manage business accounting.
You can also turn on automatic updates in QuickBooks. However, this may not be useful for users who simply wish to move to another version of the accounting software. This is why we won’t mention the steps for the same.
QuickBooks CA Payroll To QuickBooks U.S. Payroll Migration
If you want to simply switch the payroll from Canada to United States, then you can follow the steps provided below:
- From the Gear Icon, click on Account and Settings.
- Select Payroll.
- Click Cancel. This will cancel your Canada payroll subscription.
- Click on Continue.
- Either complete the survey, or click on Cancel Payroll Service.
Once you’ve cancelled the Canada payroll subscription, you need to purchase a US payroll subscription. This is the easiest way to switch to a US payroll subscription to Canada payroll. The costs for the two differ, so select according to your preferences. Check here How To Cancel QuickBooks Payroll Subscription in easiest way.
Terms To Transfer Canada QB Payroll To QuickBooks USA Payroll Software
However, if you’re using the desktop software, then there are many important things that you need to keep in mind for converting QuickBooks Canada to the US version. Here are a few of those things:
- You can only transfer Payroll checks as regular checks. This means that the checks won’t be taken into account when you create a payroll report or calculate the W2 tax amount.
- Bank Reconciliation statements are non transferable.
- Remove all the inventory and data files which have a negative inventory. Merging them can lead to errors.
- Depending on the currency, there may be some differences in the amount.
- Fields which are not available in QB US will not be included in the converted file. You may have to create a custom field to transfer this type of data.
- Templates available by default or created by the user cannot be transferred. Consequently, you will have to reconfigure the templates to provide a personal touch to reports and emails.
- Notes and To-do lists created in QuickBooks won’t be converted.
- Memorized transactions and reports aren’t included in the converted company file.
Help When QB Canada To QB USA Conversion Failed
The process to convert QuickBooks Canada to US version is very complex. We recommend that you rely on experts for the same or you can get in touch QuickBooks Canada Technical Support team .
To know more or to convert QuickBooks Canada to the US version, get in touch with our experts at 📞 +1-855-836-9250