Cancel Chegg Subscription Get Refund
A COMPLETE GUIDE ON HOW TO CANCEL CHEGG
Chegg is an education technology company that provides online tutoring and academic coaching, digital and physical textbook rentals, and other student services. It provides online homework help and textbook solutions besides helping students in test preparation for college admissions exams and courses and also organizes scholarship connections and university matching tools. Chegg subscription lets students have easy access to several academic resources and boost their performance. But what if you no longer need to use Chegg services and want to cancel Chegg or want to temporarily pause your membership?
You must have some obvious questions like will Chegg still charge you for their service when you are not using them? What are the important points of the Chegg cancellation policy? Or what about Chegg cancel membership refund? We’ve included all the answers to everything you need to know before you proceed to cancel Chegg account.
Canceling Chegg Subscription Vs Pausing Chegg Account
Monthly subscribers have the option of pausing their membership in case of an unexpected leave or absence from studies and they would no longer be charged for the Chegg services during the non-usage period. The member would still be able to access their bookmarks and other questions and answers as usual. On the other hand, if you want to cancel Chegg subscription then it will depends what all you would like to cancel if you have taken multiple subscriptions for different services within Chegg or if you would like to completely cancel Chegg account.
How to Pause your Chegg Subscription?
- To pause your Chegg subscription, you can simply go to Chegg Sign-in page
- Login to your account and Go to My Account >> Orders >> Subscriptions
- Now choose the subscription you want to pause >> Click Pause Subscriptions (you can choose all of them if you want)
- Choose the period between 1-6 months to pause the Chegg Service >> Click Pause Subscription to confirm
- Make sure there are no open transactions left with Chegg before pausing the account like a book rental, return, etc as failure to do so would attract penalties and charges.
How to Cancel Chegg Subscription on PC and Mac?
- Sign-in into your account
- Click on the orange profile icon located at the top-right corner >> Select My Account >> Go to Orders >> Select Subscriptions
- Select Chegg Study >> Click on Cancel subscription
- In the next screen provide the reason for canceling the subscription and click on “Submit“
- Confirm the cancellation to stop the next billing
How to Cancel Chegg On Mobile Phone?
- Do you use Chegg Study on your iPhone, you can still easily cancel the subscription.
- Go to Settings >> Select iTunes & App Store
- Tap on your Apple ID >> Then tap on the “View Apple ID” If the Apple ID is not available
- Sign in to iTunes by keying the password
- Go to Subscriptions >> Select Manage Subscriptions >> Select the Chegg Study option
- Turn off the auto-renewal option >> Click Done to confirm cancellation and stop the next bulling
How to Cancel Chegg from your iPhone or iPad?
- Go to Settings > Tap on your name > Click on iTunes & App Store >> Tap on Apple ID and sign-in
- Move to Subscriptionst>&g; Manage Subscription >> Select Chegg Study and turn off the auto-renewal for this option >> Save
For more help, you can visit Apple’s help page – Apple’s support page
How to Cancel Chegg from your Computer ?
- Open iTunes >> Sign in with your Apple ID & Password
- Click your Name >> Select Account Info from the drop-down >> Go to Settings
- Click on Subscriptions >> Manage >> Select Chegg Study >> Turn off Automatic Renewal >> Done
How to Cancel Chegg via Google Play?
- Go to google.com or if accessing on phone, then go to Android’s settings and then Google Play
- Sign in to your account >> Click on Subscriptions >> Select Chegg App >> Click Cancel >> OK
For more help, you can visit Google’s support page
How to Cancel Chegg Study?
Canceling Chegg Tutors is different from canceling a Chegg subscription where you need to manage the number of Tutoring Minutes. Here’s how to cancel Chegg Tutor:
- Sign in to Chegg Account >> Go to My Account >> Click on your Orders
- Now choose Subscriptions Setting >> Chegg Tutors >> Edit Plan
- Change your subscription to “pay as you go” and this will end recurring charges for Chegg Tutor
- Do note that you won’t be able to use your unused tutoring minutes once you cancel your regular plan, however, Chegg allows for a refund of your remaining Chegg Tutorial minutes.
How to Permanently Delete Chegg Tutor Account?
If you don’t plan to use your Chegg account again in the future you can delete the account permanently by going to the Customer Service & Help section and send an email request to Chegg Customer Service team.
How to Delete Chegg Account Completely on Phone?
If you entirely want to close your Chegg account, you cannot do this online, instead, you need to contact Chegg Customer Support on their toll-free number – (855) 581-9873 and speak to their representative.
Ensure that all your pending transactions with Chegg are completely settled like a book rental or return.
How to Cancel Chegg Account on PayPal?
- Go to your account on PayPal >> Look for a Chegg Charge
- Click on Detail to get more info
- Find Manage Payments >> Click on Cancel Payments or contact PayPal Customer service to dispute charges
- You can also Click on Contact Us at the bottom of PayPal.com website and it will suggest ways to contact PayPal
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS [FAQ] Chegg Cancellation & Refund
I Am Not Able to Cancel Chegg Membership. What Shall I Do?
At times, when you are trying to cancel Chegg Service, you may experience a problem which can be due to many reasons. If the action is not submitted properly and you do not get a confirmation of cancellation through email, then Chegg keeps charging the customers and this is the most reported Chegg cancel subscription issue. Further charges are processed because of an unsuccessful Chegg cancellation.
In such cases, it is recommended to refresh your account, re-login, or attempt to login on a different device after a while.
But if the problem persists, below are the customer service numbers for Chegg you can call for assistance:
Chegg Toll-Free Customer Support Number: 📞(855) 581-9873
Chegg Customer Service Numbers:
Chegg customer support is open from 5 AM – 10 PM PST 7 days a week.
- Don’t forget to look out for a cancellation confirmation email from Chegg soon after canceling your subscription as this is a proof that the cancellation has gone through successfully.
How to Get Chegg Cancel Membership Refund?
Stopping the subscription is not a guarantee for an automatic cancel membership refund. Cancellation only stops future billing and refunds are looked on a case by case basis. Please visit the visit Chegg Help center and read Chegg frequently asked questions for details on refund.
- In case of the return of any digital book on rent or purchase, or to cancel you are eligible for a full refund within the first 14 days. You can submit a request by going to your My Account page and following the return instructions.
The refund money is returned within 5 business days and Chegg sends a separate email regarding the confirmation of refund.
Will I Still be Charged if I cancel a Chegg Free Trial?
No, upon canceling your subscription before the trial period is over, Chegg won’t charge you anything. Although, you can still use all the features during the free trial.